Q4 Proposal Flow
November 1st: Exploration Phase - Applications are open!
- Application should be posted on the Discourse forum to facilitate public debate
- Internal member conversation can happen in the dedicated #proposal-discussion Discord channel.
- ReallyBoringGuild (RBG) will encourage MolochDAO members to submit applications on the forum and to scrutinize other applications posted there.
- RBG will not be submitting proposals on behalf of DAO members.
November 15th: Scrutiny Phase - Criticize!
- Members are encouraged to provide feedback on their preferred proposals in the Discourse forum (public) and #proposal-discussion Discord channel. RBG will relay this information to the projects to help strengthen their proposal and schedule townhall meetings with the projects if desired.
- RBG will create polls for the strongest proposals to secure sentiment from members. This will occur in the #proposal-discussion Discord channel.
- Weak or undesireable projects will be removed from consideration at this time. “Bad fit” projects will be notified.
November 29th: Submission Phase - Proposals Go On-Chain!
- Projects that have gathered positive sentiment from the DAO will be invited to submit their proposal on-chain through the DAOhaus portal. Note: v2 Moloch DAOs allow anyone to submit a proposal, not restricted to members. 12 proposals can be submitted per day. Proposals should not be sponsored at this time.
December 3rd: Deadline for Submitting Proposals
December 6th: Sponsorship and Voting Phase
- DAO members that have expressed interest in championing specific projects will be reminded by RBG to sponsor the proposal at a sponsorship price of 1 WETH. There is no processing reward on the v2 DAO, so 100% of these funds will be returned after the grace period and gas fees will be reimbursed from the RBG budget. (Please keep your txn records!)
- Sponsorship will occur at a MolochDAO member meeting (aka sponsorship party!) scheduled for Monday December 6th to ensure they are opened to voting at the same time.
- The voting period is 7 days.
December 13th: Results and Grace Period
- All voting should be complete at this time, with some latency due to staggered sponsorship. We will know the results of proposals.
- RBG will notify MolochDAO members of their opportunity to Ragequit during the 7 day grace period.
- RBG will notify successfull applicants of their success and begin the onboarding process!
- Blast the grant announcements on MolochDAO social channels! Twitter, blog post on website, etc.
- Extend new MolochDAO handbook
- Invite to MolochDAO Discord server and update role to “member”
- Invite to reoccuring DAO meetings: RBG ops sync, Friday cocktail hour
- Invite to an orientation meeting for new grantees: Friday December 17th
- Encourage them to keep some of their shares and continue contributing to MolochDAO!
December 20th: Proposals are Processed! End of the Pipeline
- RBG (or any DAO member) can process proposals to make the results official.