Learn About Web3
General, Basics & Overview of Web3
1) Crypto Reading — Dan Romero - Let’s start with a reading list link to a reading list. This has a ton of great fundamental and mostly non tech basics.
2) Web 3.0 and the Future of Trust - This article by Ali Yahya (a16z) talks about the building blocks and evolution of trust. He theorizes how cryptonetworks could enable a new era of trust and cooperation.
3) Everything You Need To Know About DAOs - This article by Foundation gives a primer on Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO). It explains what a DAO is, how it works, and the benefits of participating in a DAO.
Non Dev Web3 Topics (or applied web3)
1) Enter The Metaverse - This article, also by Foundation, talks about the “metaverse”, first mentioned in Neil Stephenson’s Snow Crash. It explains how the metaverse empowers us to own our data, decentralizes power, and helps free the internet.
2) What explains the rise of AMMs? - Good showcase of how web3/defi disrupts tradfi. Non-tech intro on how Uniswap, Sushiswap etc. work.
3) Zero Knowledge - Very important topic, explained in simple terms - learn how zero knowledge proofs work and where they can be applied.
4) Play to earn - Axie Infinity - Play-to-earn is just getting started. Learn about ingame economies, new mind blowing business models and the use of NFTs and fungible tokens in a game.
5) Why we need wide adoption of social recovery wallets - Lost your seed phrase? Recover your wallet using smart contracts and some friends. Learn about how social recovery wallets work and how they compare to other wallets.
6) Shapeshift is decentralising - what does this have to do with learning about web3? Decentralising a real company and turning into a DAO gives you a glimpse on where this is all heading!
The Web3 Stack
1) The Web3 Stack (AVC) - This article by Fred Wilson talks about decentralized apps (DAPPs). Decentralized applications will allow us to truly take back control of our data. He mentions that in the future, he hopes to see new social media apps where we actually own our data.
2) The Web3 Stack (Original by MulticoinCapital) - This is the expanded version of Fred Wilson’s article. They’ve drawn up a helpful illustration of what the web3 stack looks like. It goes quite in depth about all the interesting technologies coming together to make web3 a reality.
3) Web3 foundation - The about page has a great overview of the web 3.0 tech stack. Short, simple and interactive.
Getting Started With Web3 Development
1) CupOJoseph's (a guild member) Guide to becoming an Ethereum developer - A guide that provides some more direction and is less overwhelming than other giant lists, and has most of the resources you need to become a successful Ethereum developer.
2) The Ultimate Ethereum Dapp Tutorial - This article (and video) by Dapp University is a step-by-step guide that goes over how to build a full stack decentralized application on the Ethereum blockchain.
3) Alchemy API Guide - Alchemy is a blockchain platform that makes web3 much faster with an easy-to-use API. This set of documents by Alchemy is a great way to get started using their API and building out your first Dapp.
4) EthHub - Goto source for everything Ethereum. From Tokenomics to Developer Tools.
5) Pet Shop Tutorial - Get started with Solidity using Truffe and Ganache.
6) Ethereum contract overciew - OpenZeppelin - Ethereum contract overview, including Truffle or Hardhat tutorials for Solidity.
7) Ethereum dev stack for fast product iterations - Quick and easy way to set up a scaffold and start fiddling around with contracts and the connected frontend.
8) Solidity Expamples - List of Solidity sample coding.