All of the documentation is written in Markdown, a lightweight markup language for creating formatted text using a plain-text-editor.
Here is a nice CheatSheet for Markdown that you can use when making changes to the documentation.
If you like, another common tool we use in MolochDAO is https://hackmd.io/. If you prefer not to adopt the github flow, please share a hackmd with changes in #proof-of-work
We are using Github Issues to help bring contributors in, ensuring we uphold the integrity and quality of our documentation as we iterate.
We use US English in our documentation
3. Commonly troublesome words
|Term||What it refers to?||Not how we spell it|
|DAO||Decentralised autonomous organisations||dao|
|MolochDAO||The MolochDAO community in general||Moloch, Moloch|
|UberHaus||DAO of DAOs, governing DAOhaus||Uberhaus|
|Decentralized||Spread out, not concentrated||Decentralised|
If there are common phrases or terms you do not understand that need to be written or contributed on, check out our glossary!
4. Style, Voice & Tone
- Do not write in first person singular (me, i, etc.)
- Write positively
- Be concise
- Write in active voice as much as possible
- Be clear & avoid jargon
- When jargon is necessary, use simple language to explain.
- Write acronyms in full when it is used first in a page
- Provide screenshots and visual aids where possible
- Refrain from tagging people without approval
- Pay attention to your audience
5. Non-text Contribution Formats
Work in progress
- Dos & Don'ts
- Video Tutorials